Seattle Real Estate Attorneys
Dickson Law Group is Seattle and Tacoma’s preeminent real estate, business, and probate law firm. With over 100 years of combined experience, we have established a strong reputation for providing superlative service in real estate law.
Our team of Seattle real estate attorneys is lead by founding partner Thomas L. Dickson, who has helped clients prevail in real estate matters for over 100 years.
Our real estate attorneys represent a broad base of local clients in a wide range of real estate matters, including loan modification and short sale.
Seattle Property & Real Estate Disputes
Dickson Law Group assists buyers and sellers of commercial and residential property in real estate disputes throughout the Seattle.
From developers to mortgage lenders to homeowner associations, our team of litigators is ready to serve your legal needs. Our real estate dispute and mediation experience include but is not limited to:
- Commercial Tenancy Matters – There is no single standard commercial lease. Disputes may arise from any number of issues, ranging from the amount of security deposit charged, to common maintenance responsibilities, to the right of habitability.
- Easements and Boundary Disputes – Property owners often believe they know where their property lines really are or believe that their access rights are secure. Only if you or the owner of a neighboring property performs a land survey can you be 100% sure about your property boundaries. Land surveys may result in easements or boundary disputes.
- Quiet Title Actions – Filed to establish ownership of real estate property, quiet title actions can be messy affairs. These disputes arise from properties that have changed ownership several times.
- Real Estate Commission Disputes – Real estate commission disputes may arise from an agent or broker’s inability to collect fees, due to lack of proper documentation or ambiguous terms during the sale
- Title Insurance Disputes – Title insurance protects against title search errors, undiscovered title defects, and losses that arise from disputes over property ownership once the property has been purchased. Most title problems arise through the rejection of the title by the buyer’s lender. When this happens, quick action is needed to find a mutually agreeable solution.
Meet our Real Estate Law Team
Our real estate practice group is well recognized as Seattle real estate law experts. If you need high quality, cost-effective service, and innovative legal solutions, count on Dickson Law Group.
At Dickson Law Group, our attorneys have experience in settling real estate disputes quickly and fairly, to the mutual benefit of both parties.
Additional Practice Areas
We also have the following practice areas in real estate law:
- Real Estate Litigation, Mediation, Arbitration
- Real Estate Contract Drafting and Review for Commercial Properties
- Eminent Domain
- Legal Disputes with Local Governments & Municipalities
- Disputes with Banking Institutions regarding a Property
- Purchase or Sale of Residential and Commercial Property (including contract review)
- Lien Claims
- Eviction Proceedings
- Foreclosure Defense and Proceedings
- Homeowner Association Disputes and Creation
- Neighbor Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Problems
- Condo Conversions
- Lease Review and Drafting
- Real Estate Projects
- CC&R Disputes or CC&R Creation
- Easement Creation and Disputes
- Real Estate Brokerage Business Contract Issues
- Trustee Services for Property Owners
Loan modification is the systematic alteration of mortgage loan agreements between the lender and the borrower. Loan modifications can be extremely beneficial to a borrower because a loan modification may decrease the interest rate, reduce some of the principal, cut back late fees or other penalties, or even lengthen the term of the mortgage loan.
While the loan modification process is often confusing and time-intensive, it doesn’t have to be that way.
Dickson Law Group provides professional legal assistance to clients in the Seattle and Tacoma area in their individual loan modification matters and has worked extensively with lenders across the nation.
If you are a distressed homeowner, struggling to make your monthly mortgage payments and afraid to lose your property, learn more about our loan modification services.
One of the most painful economic hits an American family can experience is watching the value of their home fall so low that it is worth less than their original purchase price. In this difficult scenario, a family may have to enter the financially damaging process of foreclosure.
Fortunately, there is another option. From a lender’s perspective, it is better to recover a portion of a mortgage loan than to absorb a total loss. This is good news for the homeowners, who may avoid a foreclosure and its negative effects on their credit score. In lieu of a foreclosure, banks will often settle for a short sale. This allows both the lender and the homeowner to end up in a better position.
At Dickson Law Group, our attorneys have experience in negotiating short sale agreements that benefit both parties. Learn more about our short sale assistance services.
Call now for a free 15-minute phone consultation at:
(253) 572-1000 in Tacoma
(206) 621-1110 in Seattle
For more options, visit our Contact Us page.