NOTE: We are not accepting new clients for immigration law cases at this time.
Although we are not accepting new cases for immigration law, we would be happy to take your call and try to point you in the right direction.
Defending the rights of immigrants facing deportation, removal, or exclusion actions
Facing possible deportation, removal, or exclusion is a frightening position for many immigrants in the U.S. Whether you are living in fear of deportation or whether removal proceedings are already initiated against you, the immediate assistance of an experienced immigration lawyer is critical.
There are ways to defend against these actions and keep you in the U.S. with your family, so please call the Dickson Law Group in Washington State as soon as possible.
Reasons you may face deportation
The Immigration and Nationality Act sets out many different reasons why you may be removed, excluded, or deported from the U.S. If authorities believe one of these reasons applies to your case, the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) may initiate removal proceedings or may even place you under arrest. Some common reasons for this include:
- Certain criminal convictions
- Fraudulent marriages for immigration purposes
- Unlawful entry to the U.S.
- Violation of the terms of your visa
- Providing false documentation or information
- Violating an order of protection
Defending your rights in removal proceedings
Anyone facing exclusion, deportation, or removal proceedings has the right to an attorney to defend their rights to stay in the U.S. Some common defenses used in this type of proceeding include:
- “Cancellation of removal” eligibility based on meeting certain criteria
- Asserting as of yet unrecognized U.S. citizenship by birth
- Need for asylum in the U.S. under the Convention Against Torture
- Vacating of convictions of crimes
- Application for a green card or visa that could have been previously obtained
The possible defenses available to you will depend on the particular circumstances of your case.
Contact an experienced Washington immigration lawyer as soon as possible
If you are facing deportation, removal, or exclusion, many aspects of your life may be in jeopardy including your family, your work, and your home in the U.S. You should never delay in discussing your case with a highly qualified deportation attorney at the Dickson Law Group.
The sooner you call, the sooner we can begin defending your rights, so please call at 253-572-1000 in Tacoma or 206-621-1110 in Seattle today.