Land Use and Environmental Law
Our land use and environmental attorneys advise and represent property owners throughout the real estate acquisition and development process. The firm’s experience and well-established relationships with a wide range of industry groups, state regulators, and local governments enables our team to provide comprehensive legal advice resulting in successful outcomes for our clients.
Our land use experience includes:
- Securing permits for nearly 1.7 million square feet of warehouse distribution center space in Thurston County
- Assisting residential developers with plat approvals for projects ranging in size from 4 to nearly 1,000 lots
- Working with development clients and property owners on strategies to retain entitlements to plats, approvals, and permits during the Great Recession and ongoing real estate crisis
- Advising and representing shoreline property owners in public hearings and appeals associated with local Shoreline Master Program amendments
- Land use entitlement due diligence and permitting
- Land Use Petition Act (LUPA) Appeals
- Subdivisions and Platting
- Conditional/Special Use Permits
- Zoning, Rezoning, and Variances
- Master Plans
- Planned Unit Developments
- Reasonable Use Exceptions
- Development Agreements
- Comprehensive Plan Amendments
- Code Amendments
- Eminent Domain
- Essential Public Facility Permitting
- Growth Management Act Regulation and Appeals
- Shoreline Regulation, Permitting and Appeals
- Critical Areas Regulation, Permitting and Appeals
- Corps of Engineers Permitting
- NPDES Permitting
- SEPA/NEPA Review
- Federal Endangered Species Act Regulation and Permitting
- Conservation Easements
- Model Toxics Control Act (MTCA) Liability and Defense
I highly recommend Dickson Frohlich Phillips Burgess and if I ever need a lawyer again they will be my first call.
- Jeremy H.
I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate this firm! These guys helped me through one of the most challenging legal situations I’ve faced in my life. Their skill and expertise literally saved my business. I’ve dealt with other counsel in the past but the Dickson firm was by far the most competent and tactful counsel I’ve ever received. I would recommend this group to anyone!
- Keith D.
It’s a pleasure to work with the guys at Dickson Frohlich Phillips Burgess. One of the first things that stood out to me was how down to earth and friendly everyone at the firm is. I would definitely recommend them.