NOTE: We are not accepting new clients for immigration law cases at this time.

Although we are not accepting new cases for immigration law, we would be happy to take your call and try to point you in the right direction.

Assisting individuals with the labor certification process

One of the most common methods for individuals to obtain an employment-based green card is through labor certification, which is a multi-step process with several requirements. At the Dickson Frohlich in Washington State, our skilled immigration lawyers have a thorough understanding of the labor certification process and can assist you and your potential employer in obtaining your permanent resident status so that you may live and work in the U.S.

If you would like to find out more about how we can help you with labor certification, please call one of our offices in Seattle at 206-621-1110 or Tacoma at 253-572-1000.


Requirements for labor certification

There are several criteria that must be met for a successful labor certification application, including the following:

  • The employer must be hiring the individual as a full-time employee.
  • The position must be permanent and cannot be seasonal or temporary (temporary work visas may be available for seasonal or temporary positions).
  • The employer must provide at a minimum the “prevailing wage” for the type of position in question. Simply put, the prevailing wage is the average amount a similarly qualified employee would receive based on data published by the Department of Labor (DOL).
  • There must be reasonable job requirements for the position that would traditionally be required in a similar position and may not be specifically based on the applicant’s education and background nor “unduly restrictive.”
  • The employer must demonstrate that no qualified individuals exist for the position who are already in the U.S.
  • An employer will submit an application to the DOL to be processed through PERM (Program Electronic Review Management). If the DOL “certifies” the application, the employer can file a petition to hire a foreign employee and the employee can apply for permanent residency status and work authorization.

Discuss your situation with a Washington labor certification lawyer today

The labor certification process can be complicated and our team of immigration attorneys can help you navigate the application process to ensure your best chances of obtaining your green card.

Please contact the Dickson Frohlich in Seattle or Tacoma at 206-621-1110 or 253-572-1000 as soon as possible.