- The type of information the website collects, including names, contact information, and credit cards numbers.
- How the information is collected, including using cookies, account registration, signing up for promotions, checkout pages, and more.
- How your company will use the information and whether the information will ever be shared with third parties in order to successfully complete the transaction.
- Telling the consumer that they must consent to any further use or distribution on their information.
- Your business’s contact information and a simple method of filing any complaints regarding privacy concerns.
- You should address any issues regarding the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA)1 if you plan to collect the information of any children under the age of 13 and Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)2 if you collect any health-related information.
- Provide a clear method for consumers to opt out of any future communications from your business, such as emails, offers, newsletters, and
- Seal of approval provided by a commercial privacy service company to further ensure the safety of a customer’s information.
Please call an experienced business lawyer at the Dickson Frohlich in Seattle at (206) 621-1110 or in Tacoma at (253) 572-1000 today.