Experienced Seattle Attorneys
Lawyers who Practice in the Areas of Real Estate, Construction Law, Family Law, Probate Law, Business Law, and Immigration
Dickson Frohlich is a Washington State law firm that practices in the areas of immigration, family law, probate, business law, construction law, and real estate. Thomas Dickson and his team of skilled attorneys have over 100 years of combined experience practicing law and take a personalized approach to each case we take. Some of the specific legal issues that we regularly handle include the following:
- Real Estate – Eminent domain disputes, evictions, landlord-tenant matters, lien claims, purchase or sale of residential or commercial property, condemnation, foreclosure defense, homeowner association disputes and creation, disputes with local governments and administrative agencies, contract drafting, real estate litigation, mediation, and arbitration
- Business Law – Contact drafting and negotiation, debt collection, business entity formation, financial transactions, purchasing or selling a business, business litigation
- Family Law – Divorce, child custody, spousal support, child support, child visitation, division of assets, child support modification, real estate disputes, spousal support modification
- Construction Law – General contractor disputes, subcontractor disputes, construction contract negotiation and drafting, environmental regulation compliance and disputes, lien claims, collections, litigation related to construction projects, negligence actions.
- Probate Law – Estate planning, trust formation, will drafting and execution, legal guardianships, contested will and trust litigation, undue influence, trust accounting, financial elder abuse, trust abuse litigation, breach of fiduciary duty
- Immigration – Employment-based immigration, family-based immigration, waivers of inadmissibility, H-1B visa, H-2A visas, H-2B visas, L visas, O visas, asylum, labor certification, green cards
Frequently Asked Questions
Legal matters can be extremely complicated, regardless of their area of law. Here are some answers to some of the questions we frequently hear from our clients.
- How much will my legal fees be? Cost is a significant concern for many people who are seeking legal services. It is impossible to estimate how much your case will cost you without conducting a thorough analysis of your situation, but we are committed to fair, transparent, and understandable billing practices
- Will my case go to court? Whether or not your case will go to court depends on a number of factors. This being said, it is important to be aware of the fact that most cases are settled out of court. As seasoned litigators, however, we are not afraid to take cases to trial and will do so if it is in your best interests.
- What will my initial consultation involve? Your initial consultation will involve an in-depth discussion about your situation where an attorney will evaluate your case. There is no cost or commitment associated with meeting with one of our lawyers.
What to Do if You Have a Legal Issue
The steps to take if you have a legal issue or believe that one may arise soon depend on a number of factors and will be different depending on the area of law. For example, if you are involved in a contract dispute with a client or customer, you should make sure to keep detailed records about your agreement and any communication that you may have. If, on the other hand, you are considering disputing an existing child custody arrangement, you should try and collect evidence that supports the argument that the requested change would be in the best interests of the child.
Some of the general steps that you should take if you have a legal issue include the following:
- Stay organized. Collect and place documents or other information that may be relevant to your case in a safe place.
- Do not discuss the matter with anyone else.
- If your legal issue is related to a dispute that you are having with another person or a business, keep detailed notes any communication that you may have.
- Contact an attorney.
Legal problems can affect nearly every aspect of your life, so it important to make sure your rights are protected and that you are fully aware of the implications of your decisions. Additionally, failing to address legal issues property in the first place can lead to significant difficulties in the future. If you have a legal issue or questions related to any of the areas in which we practice, you should contact us today. To schedule a free consultation with a Seattle attorney, call our office today at 206-621-1110.
How Our Seattle Lawyers Can Help
When you meet with one of the attorneys at the Dickson Frohlich, we will thoroughly analyze your case, inform you about your options, and advise you how we believe that you should proceed. The specific things that our team will do will depend on the nature of your case, but they often involve the preparation of legal documents, communicating on your behalf with other parties, filing legal actions, and appearing in court or before an administrative body. To learn more about one of our Seattle lawyers can help you, call the Dickson Frohlich today at 206-621-1110 or send us an email through our online contact form.