Tacoma Attorneys with Over 100 Years of Combined Experience
Practicing in the Areas of Real Estate, Family Law, Probate, Construction Law, Business Law, and Immigration
Dickson Frohlich is a Tacoma law firm that practices in a wide variety of legal areas. Our skilled team of attorneys have over a century of combined experience practicing law in Washington courts and are committing to providing professional, personalized, and solution-focused legal counsel and representation. We regularly work with client with legal issues related to the following:
- Real Estate – Commercial lease negotiation, eminent domain, landlord-tenant disputes, lien claims, evictions, condemnation, the purchase or sale of residential property, disputes with local governments and administrative agencies, condemnation, homeowner association disputes and creation, foreclosure defense
- Probate Law – Trust creation, will drafting and execution, estate planning, breach of fiduciary duty, legal guardianships, financial elder abuse, contested will and trust litigation, trust accounting, trust abuse litigation
- Construction Law – Subcontractor disputes, general contractor disputes, negligence actions, environmental regulation compliance and disputes, lien claims, collections, litigation related to construction projects
- Family Law – Divorce, child custody, spousal support, child support, division of assets, child support modification, real estate disputes, spousal support modification
- Business Law – Business contract negotiation and drafting, selling a business, business entity formation, business litigation, financial transactions
- Immigration – Family-based immigration, employment-based immigration, waivers of inadmissibility, work-based immigration, labor certifications, green cards, asylum, O visas, L visas H-1B visas, H-2A visas, H-2B visas
Frequently Asked Questions
Clients who come to us for help often have many questions related to their case and the legal process generally. Here are some answers to some of the questions that we regularly hear from our clients.
- How much is this going to cost me? For many people, the costs associated with legal counsel and representation are a significant concern. It is important to understand that the costs associated with getting a legal issue resolved correctly from the outset are often significantly lower than what you will pay in the event problems arise in the future. At the Dickson Frohlich, we are committed to fair legal fees and provide easy to understand fee structures and billing.
- Will my case go to trial Clients who have legal issues related to a dispute often wonder whether they are going to have to go to trial. While it is not possible to determine the chances of your case going to trial without conducting a thorough review, it is important to keep in mind that the vast majority of cases are settled out of court That being said, the lawyers of the Dickson Frohlich are experienced trial attorneys who are not afraid to go to court if it is their clients’ best interests.
- What will happen at my initial consultation? At your initial consultation, you will discuss your legal issues in detail with one of our attorneys. Once we have sufficient information, we will let you what your options are and advise you as to how you may proceed.
What to Do if You Have a Legal Issue
If you have realized that you have a legal issue that you need to address, you may be confused about what you should do next. The steps to take are very dependent on the kind of legal issue you have. For example, if you are considering filing for divorce, you should start collecting documents that will allow you to establish a separate financial identity, such as your birth certificate and social security card, as access to these documents may become more complicated once you start the process. Similarly, if you are considering starting a business, you should create a general business plan that will allow an attorney to advise you about some of the potential legal issues that you may need to address.
Regardless of the type of legal issue that you have, there are certain things you can do to protect your rights and provide your attorney with enough information so that he or she can start to help you. These include the following:
- Collect and organize documents related to your question or dispute
- If your issue is related to a dispute, do not discuss the matter with others (or on social media) and keep notes about any communication that you have with the other party
How Our Tacoma Lawyers Can Help
There are many ways in which a lawyer can help people who are facing a legal issue, and the specific actions an attorney will take will vary from case to case. Some of the things that a lawyer may do include advise you as to your rights and responsibilities, complete or draft legal documents, communicate with other parties on your behalf, and appear in court. To schedule a free consultation with one of our Tacoma attorneys, call the Dickson Frohlich today at 253-572-1000 or contact us online.