If you are having trouble paying your mortgage, you should discuss your options with an experienced Seattle mortgage attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you find solutions to get you back on track or otherwise avoid foreclosure of the property. Additionally, if you are already facing foreclosure, you should immediately contact a foreclosure lawyer who can protect your interests and defend against the foreclosure whenever possible.
The foreclosure process in Washington can be complex and confusing. If you are already struggling financially, chances are you have other concerns in your life in addition to your foreclosure case. For example, if your financial hardship stems from losing a job or suffering a serious injury or illness, your focus should be on finding new gainful employment or your physical recovery—not on your foreclosure case. For this reason, you need an attorney you can trust to properly handle your legal matters in regard to your mortgage as you focus on the other concerns in your life.
A skilled attorney can do the following in a foreclosure case:
- Examine your mortgage note and all other relevant documents.
- Determine the reasons behind your particular financial hardship and use those reasons as a negotiating tool if possible in your case.
- Use negotiation or mediation1 to get your lender to agree to an alternative to foreclosure, including loan modification2 or short sale.
- Identify any possible affirmative defenses or counterclaims that are applicable in your case.
- Challenge any procedural defects on the part of the mortgage lender.
- Ensure that all court procedural rules and filing dates are met on your end.
- Represent you in foreclosure proceedings in court.
Find out how an experienced Seattle mortgage attorney can help you
At the Dickson Frohlich, we assist individuals and businesses with all legal issues related to mortgages, which can include finding a way for you to keep your property and defending against a foreclosure action. Please do not hesitate to call our skilled legal team at 253-572-1000 for a free 15-minute consultation with one of our attorneys today.