Tacoma Construction Law Attorney Providing Effective Representation in Construction-Related Cases
Construction projects can be lucrative for everyone involved, as they provide work for construction companies and an increase in value for property owners. There is often a significant amount of money at stake in construction projects, so you want to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the project. Our highly experienced Tacoma construction law attorney at the Dickson Frohlich can assist you with all legal issues that may arise in your project, including the following:
- Construction Company Formation
- Drafting Business Contracts for Construction Companies
- Drafting Contracts for Construction Projects
- Disputes with General Contractors
- Disputes with Subcontractors
- Construction Payment Disputes
- Defective Design Disputes
- Environmental Disputes
- Contractor Negligence Disputes
- Construction Collections
- Claims against a Bond
- Lien Claims
- Construction Dispute Resolution
- Construction Litigation
- Other Legal Issues Related to Construction
FAQs about Construction Law
Construction projects can involve many different parties who must agree on many different aspects of the projects, including costs, timelines, materials, warranties, and more. The following are some of the questions we commonly hear from construction clients:
- Should I have an attorney review a contract for a construction project? Most construction projects involve many different parties, materials, and stages of the job. All of these should be carefully agreed to in a well-drafted and negotiated contract. Construction contracts are complex documents that use legal terms, so an experienced attorney should always review any agreement before you sign it.
- How can I resolve a construction dispute? Going into court is only the last resort for resolving construction disputes. Before you get involved in potentially costly litigation, we can help you explore alternative dispute resolution methods such as negotiation, mediation, and arbitration. If necessary, we are skilled at representing you in litigation, as well.
- What types of clients do you represent in construction cases? Our firm represents a number of parties who may be involved in construction disputes, including commercial or residential property owners, general contractors, subcontractors, builders, engineers, and material suppliers, among others.
Steps to Take if You have a Legal Concerns about a Construction Project
If you rush into a construction project and do not take the necessary steps to protect your rights, you may find yourself facing costly losses or legal liability. The following are some ways you can work to protect your interests when beginning any type of residential or commercial construction project:
- Always insist that agreements for work, timelines, payment, and liens be in writing.
- Do not sign any contracts without first having them reviewed by a legal professional. Construction contracts can be complicated and can use confusing language that may make it difficult to identify unfair terms.
- Ensure that all contractors and subcontractors are properly licensed with good reputations.
- Take photos throughout the project, keeping careful and organized noted regarding progress and the justification for unforeseen delays.
No matter what the size or scope of your construction project may be, one of the most important steps you can take is to consult with a highly skilled construction lawyer. Construction projects, contracts, and disputes involve technical laws and evidence, so it is critical to have an attorney who understands all of the regulations and legal concepts involved in construction projects. Please do not delay in calling the Tacoma construction attorneys at the Dickson Frohlich to discuss how we can help you today.
How We can Help With Your Construction Case
You will find that a qualified construction lawyer can help you in many different ways in all phases of your project, from the initial agreement to the final payment. Our legal team can assist your in the following ways, among others:
- Ensure that your project complies with all relevant laws and regulations to minimize the chance of interruptions or delays due to legal conflicts.
- Draft, review, and negotiate all contracts to make certain there are no unfavorable terms.
- Represent you in breach of contract claims.
- Help to ensure you are paid what you are owed and that you do not face any unnecessary financial losses.
- Work so you can avoid legal liability whenever possible.
- Resolve disputes through mediation, arbitration, or litigation when necessary.
At the Dickson Frohlich, we understand that many types of disputes and conflicts can arise during your construction project and we work to resolve such issues as efficiently as possible for you. We also take steps in advance to avoid disputes from arising whenever possible. If you are embarking on a construction project or already face a dispute, please call our Tacoma office at 253-572-1000 or contact us online.