Seattle and Tacoma Child Custody Enforcement Attorneys

Experienced Family Attorney Standing up for your rights

Washington family courts issue child custody orders based on what they believe is in the best interests of the child. All too often, however, one parent refuses to comply with the custody and visitation plan ordered by the court. In such situations, the experienced family lawyers at the Dickson Frohlich can help you enforce a child custody order in the Seattle or Tacoma area. If you are seeking enforcement of a custody order, call us at (206) 621-1110 or (253) 572-1000 for a free 15-minute phone consultation to discuss your case.

Protecting your visitation rights

If you have visitation rights and the custodial parent of your child is refusing to comply with court orders, there are several ways we can assist you. First, we can help you file an enforcement order with the court. If the custodial parent still refuses to comply, we can request that the family court hold them in contempt, impose sanctions, or even pursue criminal charges. Even if you are behind on child support, the custodial parent does not have the right to refuse visitation.

We are committed to protecting the visitation rights of non-custodial parents in Washington.

Helping to fight relocations

If a custodial parent wants to relocate with your child, your visitation rights under the custodial order will likely be jeopardized. The lawyers at Dickson Frohlich can help you file an objection to the relocation of your child.

Once an objection is filed, we will represent you in the court hearing to argue on your behalf that the relocation is not in the best interest of your child. If the court does allow the relocation, we can help ensure that the custody and visitation orders are modified to protect you visitation rights as much as possible.

Enforcing out-of-state child custody orders

If you have moved into Washington State and want to enforce a child custody order that was issued in another state, there are certain steps you will have to take. Washington law >requires you to properly register the out-of-state order with the family courts.

If the other parent opposes the registration of the custody order, they may request a hearing to contest the validity of the order. This process can be complicated and different courts may have different procedures for hearings. To ensure that your out-of-state order is properly enforced within Washington, you should always consult with an experienced child custody attorney for assistance.

No matter what your specific situation may be, the lawyers at Dickson Frohlich will stand up for your custodial and visitation rights. Please contact us for help at (206) 621-1110 or (253) 572-1000 today.

our firm

Thomas L. Dickson

Tom is an experienced litigator and the founding partner of the Dickson Frohlich. For over 30 years, he’s helped clients prevail in their real estate, construction, and business law matters.

attorney profile

Robert P. Dickson

The core of Rob’s legal practice is civil litigation, with an emphasis on construction, real estate, and business law. He represents a wide range of clients, from large construction companies to individual homeowners.

attorney profile

Mark S. Johnson

Mark’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation, real estate law, business law and family law. He works tirelessly to help his clients achieve the outcome they are looking for.

attorney profile

Daniel J. Frohlich

Dan’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation, real estate law, business law and probate law. He has more than 10 years of experience as an attorney serving clients throughout Western Washington.

attorney profile

Chris Lindemeier

As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Chris practices in a wide range of areas, including business law, real estate law, civil litigation, and intellectual property law.

attorney profile

Rebecca Corcoran

As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Rebecca is active in the firm’s business law department. She can help with entity formation, intellectual property, as well as any necessary litigation involving your business’s needs

attorney profile

Daniel Pizarro

As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Daniel is active in the firm’s civil litigation department. His practice is mainly centered around real estate law, landlord-tenant law, construction law, and probate law.

attorney profile

Alexander Wisbey

Alexander Wisbey comes to the firm with 5 years of experience as a litigator and trial attorney. He has first chaired several jury trials and has extensive experience handling arbitrations, mediations, depositions, and settlements.

attorney profile

George Knight

George is an honors graduate of Emory University School of Law. While there, George served on the Emory Law Journal as an Articles Editor.

attorney profile

Reed Speir

Born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska, Reed Speir has lived in the Tacoma area since 1994. Reed earned his law degree from Seattle University School of Law.

attorney profile


I highly recommend Dickson Frohlich and if I ever need a lawyer again they will be my first call.

- Jeremy H.

I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate this firm! These guys helped me through one of the most challenging legal situations I’ve faced in my life. Their skill and expertise literally saved my business. I’ve dealt with other counsel in the past but the Dickson firm was by far the most competent and tactful counsel I’ve ever received. I would recommend this group to anyone!

- Keith D.

It’s a pleasure to work with the guys at Dickson Frohlich. One of the first things that stood out to me was how down to earth and friendly everyone at the firm is. I would definitely recommend them.

- Den L.