Seattle and Tacoma Child Support Enforcement Attorneys

Helping you and your child receive the support you deserve

For many parents, monthly child support is extremely important to adequately provide for their children while covering their own expenses, as well. The Washington state family courts use specific calculations to determine the appropriate amount of child support a parent needs to promote the best interests of any dependent children. Unfortunately, receiving a court order for child support is only the first step for some parents, as the paying parent may refuse to comply with the order.

The good news is that there are different methods by which the receiving parent can legally enforce a child support order. The experienced family law attorneys at the Dickson Frohlich can assist you in enforcing any existing child support orders so that you can start receiving the funds you deserve. If you need help with enforcement, do not hesitate to call our offices in Seattle or Tacoma at (206) 621-1110 or (253) 572-1000 for help.

Methods of child support enforcement

The state of Washington takes unpaid child support very seriously. Both the family court system and the Washington Department of Child Support (DCS) put forth collection efforts to track down unpaid child support and to ensure proper support is provided in the future. The following are some examples of possible collection tools:

  • Wage garnishment
  • Attachment to worker’s compensation or unemployment compensation benefits
  • Attachment to funds in bank accounts
  • Attachment to lawsuit settlements
  • Attachment to federal tax refunds from the IRS
  • Liens against real or personal property, such as homes or vehicles
  • Seize vehicles or other personal property
  • Request that the Department of Licensing suspend their driver’s license
  • Request suspension of recreational or professional licenses
  • Refuse to issue or renew passports
  • Post names on the Department of Child Services (DCS) “most wanted” website
  • Report unpaid debt to credit reporting agencies
  • Initiate contempt proceedings
  • Initiate criminal charges for the offense of nonsupport under RCW 26.20.035

As you can see, there are many different methods of enforcing child support orders and receiving any arrears. If you need assistance with enforcement of a child support order, the committed attorneys at the Dickson Frohlich can assist you. Please do not hesitate to call one of our offices at (206) 621-1110 or (253) 572-1000 for a free 15-minute phone consultation today.

    our firm

    Thomas L. Dickson

    Tom is an experienced litigator and the founding partner of the Dickson Frohlich. For over 30 years, he’s helped clients prevail in their real estate, construction, and business law matters.

    attorney profile

    Robert P. Dickson

    The core of Rob’s legal practice is civil litigation, with an emphasis on construction, real estate, and business law. He represents a wide range of clients, from large construction companies to individual homeowners.

    attorney profile

    Mark S. Johnson

    Mark’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation, real estate law, business law and family law. He works tirelessly to help his clients achieve the outcome they are looking for.

    attorney profile

    Daniel J. Frohlich

    Dan’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation, real estate law, business law and probate law. He has more than 10 years of experience as an attorney serving clients throughout Western Washington.

    attorney profile

    Chris Lindemeier

    As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Chris practices in a wide range of areas, including business law, real estate law, civil litigation, and intellectual property law.

    attorney profile

    Daniel Pizarro

    As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Daniel is active in the firm’s civil litigation department. His practice is mainly centered around real estate law, landlord-tenant law, construction law, and probate law.

    attorney profile

    Alexander Wisbey

    Alexander Wisbey comes to the firm with 5 years of experience as a litigator and trial attorney. He has first chaired several jury trials and has extensive experience handling arbitrations, mediations, depositions, and settlements.

    attorney profile

    George Knight

    George is an honors graduate of Emory University School of Law. While there, George served on the Emory Law Journal as an Articles Editor.

    attorney profile


    I highly recommend Dickson Frohlich and if I ever need a lawyer again they will be my first call.

    - Jeremy H.

    I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate this firm! These guys helped me through one of the most challenging legal situations I’ve faced in my life. Their skill and expertise literally saved my business. I’ve dealt with other counsel in the past but the Dickson firm was by far the most competent and tactful counsel I’ve ever received. I would recommend this group to anyone!

    - Keith D.

    It’s a pleasure to work with the guys at Dickson Frohlich. One of the first things that stood out to me was how down to earth and friendly everyone at the firm is. I would definitely recommend them.

    - Den L.