Disputes with Banking Institutions regarding a Property

Representing real estate buyers in disputes with lenders

Mortgages are often an integral part of purchasing real estate, as many buyers do not have the liquid capital to pay the purchase price up front. Unfortunately, mortgages require dealing with banking and lending institutions and the process can be quite complicated. During the mortgage process, legal issues may arise and lead to disputes over lending agreements and other matters.

If you have a dispute with a banking institution regarding a property, you should not hesitate to contact an experienced real estate lawyer at the Dickson Frohlich for help today.


Common real estate-related disputes with a financial institution

Some examples of legal issues real estate purchasers may face with a banking institution may include:

  • Contract disputes
  • Lender discrimination
  • Lien claims or title issues
  • Fraudulent or predatory lending1

In order to prevent such issues from arising, you should always have an experienced real estate attorney at Dickson Frohlich review all written agreements before you sign them and ensure that you are not a victim of a fraudulent lender.

Attorneys facilitating dispute resolution with banking institutions

If a dispute does arise with a banking institution during a real estate transaction, an attorney can represent your best interests and stand up for your rights to the lender. An attorney can review all mortgage contracts and documents related to the property, compile statements from the seller of the real estate or other witnesses that may help your case, and more. Using such evidence, a real estate lawyer can negotiate with the banking institution or engage in alternative dispute resolution proceedings to try to settle the disagreement in your favor. If you still cannot settle the dispute, an attorney can file a legal action and represent you in court.

Contact an experienced real estate attorney for assistance today

If you have suffered financial losses or unknowingly become subject to an unfavorable contract due to a dispute with a banking institution regarding a property, you deserve to receive just compensation for your losses or an amended contract. You should contact the Dickson Frohlich in Seattle and Tacoma as soon as possible to discuss your case.


Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predatory_lending

    our firm

    Attorney Thomas L. Dickson

    Thomas L. Dickson

    Tom is an experienced litigator and the founding partner of the Dickson Frohlich. For over 30 years, he’s helped clients prevail in their real estate, construction, and business law matters.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Robert P. Dickson

    Robert P. Dickson

    The core of Rob’s legal practice is civil litigation, with an emphasis on construction, real estate, and business law. He represents a wide range of clients, from large construction companies to individual homeowners.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Daniel J. Frohlich

    Daniel J. Frohlich

    Dan’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation, real estate law, business law and probate law. He has more than 10 years of experience as an attorney serving clients throughout Western Washington.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Mark S. Johnson

    Mark S. Johnson

    Mark’s legal practice focuses on civil litigation, real estate law, business law and family law. He works tirelessly to help his clients achieve the outcome they are looking for.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Daniel E. Pizarro

    Daniel E. Pizarro

    As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Daniel is active in the firm’s civil litigation department. His practice is mainly centered around real estate law, landlord-tenant law, construction law, and probate law.

    attorney profile
    Attorney George Knight

    George Knight

    As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, George is active in the firm’s civil litigation and transactional departments. His practice is mainly centered around business law, real estate law, construction law, employment law, and probate law.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Chris J. Lindemeier

    Chris J. Lindemeier

    As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Chris practices in a wide range of areas, including business law, real estate law, civil litigation, and intellectual property law.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Alexander J. Wisbey

    Alexander J. Wisbey

    Alexander Wisbey comes to the firm with 5 years of experience as a litigator and trial attorney. He has first chaired several jury trials and has extensive experience handling arbitrations, mediations, depositions, and settlements.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Jennifer Yoo

    Jennifer Yoo

    Jennifer is an associate attorney at Dickson Frohlich where her current practice focuses on real estate law, contract and commercial disputes, and business law.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Cambria A. Queen

    Cambria A. Queen

    Cambria is an Associate with Dickson Frohlich PS in the civil litigation department, where she practices primarily real estate and probate law.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Alex J. Britain

    Alex J. Britain

    Since becoming an attorney, Alex Britain has practiced extensively in the areas of estate planning, probate, and civil litigation, especially related to probate issues.

    attorney profile
    Attorney Katherine E. Baals

    Katherine E. Baals

    As an associate at Dickson Frohlich, Katherine practices in a range of areas, including real estate, construction, business, and civil litigation.

    attorney profile


    I highly recommend Dickson Frohlich and if I ever need a lawyer again they will be my first call.

    - Jeremy H.

    I can’t even tell you how much I appreciate this firm! These guys helped me through one of the most challenging legal situations I’ve faced in my life. Their skill and expertise literally saved my business. I’ve dealt with other counsel in the past but the Dickson firm was by far the most competent and tactful counsel I’ve ever received. I would recommend this group to anyone!

    - Keith D.

    It’s a pleasure to work with the guys at Dickson Frohlich. One of the first things that stood out to me was how down to earth and friendly everyone at the firm is. I would definitely recommend them.

    - Den L.